Why wax at all?
- Waxing is one of the most efficient methods of hair removal
- When waxing, we are removing the hair from its root, which means it has to start an entirely new hair cycle. This is how the hair begins to grow back more sparse and fine over time
- Waxing is less irritating to the skin than shaving
- Lasts longer than other hair removal methods
- Less susceptible to ingrown hairs
- Waxing always leaves a smoother, clean result as we are sure not to leave strays or broken hairs behind
How do I prepare for a waxing service?
Depending on the area being waxed, you will need to have about 2 weeks or longer of hair growth from the last time you have shaved. If you have already been getting waxed, then you already know to come in every 4-6 weeks (ideally). If you are prone to being more sensitive, you can always take a couple Ibuprofen 15-20min prior to service.
What should I expect during my appointment?
If it is a Brazilian/Bikini wax appointment, it is always suggested to come in breathable clothing, but either way is manageable. I use both hard and soft wax and will customize what is used more depending on the clients skin. This is also great to ease reactive skin and decrease sensitivity. Fur Oil ( an organic blend of essential oils ) will be applied after every wax service which helps calm the skin and has antibacterial properties. Before you know it, you will be leaving hairless and smooth in no time! 🙂
What about any post wax care?
- Exfoliating consistently in between your waxing appointments is key
- Avoid any soaps or lotions with synthetic fragrances
- Not recommended to workout directly after getting waxed
- Using a post care oil or serum such as Fur can also help to heal and condition the skin
- Reduce any sunbathing directly after
- No chlorinated pools directly after